Europe's royal ladies are pretty in summer pastels
Princess Mette-Marit of Norway wowed the hundreds of well-wishers who had gathered outside the Royal Chapel as she stepped out for the wedding of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill on Saturday in Stockholm.
The Norweigan royal was stunning in a pastel aqua blue tiered dress designed by Valentino, the same fashion house that created the bride's wedding dress. Topping off the look was an amethyst tiara.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Princess Tatiana of Greece had chosen the same pale colour as Mette-Marit, wearing a gown that featured a strapless bustier and ruched detailing. She added sparkle to the outfit with drop diamond earrings and the Antique Corsage, which has been passed through the hands of Queens from three different countries.
Pastels, in fact, seemed to be the order of the day, falling in line with the theme of the wedding, summer meadows. The colour scheme for the decorations was light green, white and pink, using beech leaves, cow parsley, pink and white peonies, white lilacs, foxgloves, delphiniums and lilies of the valley.
Princess Martha-Louise of Norway also stuck to the theme, opting for a satin lilac number with embroidered embellishments. She accessorised with the same tiara that she wore for her wedding day.
Princess Charlene of Monaco, who attended the ceremony without her husband Prince Albert, had chosen a similar hue. The statuesque blonde wore a mauve strapless ruched dress with peplum detailing. A gauze shawl kept her shoulders warm.
Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece broke with wedding guest attire tradition in a long white dress.
Princess Mary of Denmark, meanwhile, injected a pop of vibrant colour into the proceedings with her bright pink dress and matching cape. A blue sash and a stunning diamond tiara completed the look.
- Princess Madeleine is breathtaking in her Valentino wedding dress
- Vote for the most elegant guest at the Swedish royal pre-wedding dinner
- Princess Victoria dazzles on sister Madeleine's wedding day
- Adorable Princess Estelle shines on aunt Madeleine's big day
- Sophie, Countess of Wessex and Prince Edward arrive at the wedding
- Newlyweds Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill travel through Swedish capital in horse-drawn carriage
- A day filled with emotion for Chris O'Neill