Sophie, Countess of Wessex and Prince Edward arrive at the wedding
Sophie, Countess of Wessex and her husband Prince Edward have arrived at Stockholm's Royal Chapel for Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill's wedding. Sophie stepped out in the Swedish sunshine wearing a stunning pale pink-coloured gown and matching clutch bag.
Sophie, 48, who was recently announced as first ever patron of London College of Fashion, accessorised her outfit with a sparkling tiara.
Following Sophie was Princess Mette-Marit of Norway who arrived on the arm of her dashing Prince Haakon. Mette-Marit wore a long light blue dress while Haakon chose a black suit.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
Swedish reality star Sofia Hellqvist, whose boyfriend is Madeleine's brother Prince Carl Philip, chose a long lilac gown for the prestigious occasion. Sofia was spotted earlier in the day emerging from a hairdresser in the capital.
The Earl and Countess of Wessex often represent the UK at European royal weddings, most recently at Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg's marriage to Stephanie de Lannoy.
Before that Sophie and Edward journeyed to Monaco where Prince Albert tied the knot with Charlene Wittstock in July 2011.
On home soil the couple were also present at the union of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall, as well as the high-profile marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The Earl and Countess, who married in 1999 and have two children, were last in Sweden in June 2010 for Princess Victoria's royal wedding to her former personal trainer, Daniel Westling.
Back in 2004 they journeyed to Copenhagen to witness Danish heir Prince Frederik say 'I do' to Tasmanian advertising manager Mary Donaldson two years after flying the flag for Britain in Norway when Princess Märtha Louise, married author Ahri Behn.
The year before, Sophie and Edward joined Prince Charles for Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit's wedding.
- Princess Madeleine is breathtaking in her Valentino wedding dress
- Vote for the most elegant guest at the Swedish royal pre-wedding dinner
- Adorable Princess Estelle shines on aunt Madeleine's big day
- Sweden ready for Madeleine and Chris's royal wedding
- Europe's royal ladies are pretty in summer pastels
- Princess Victoria dazzles on sister Madeleine's wedding day
- Princess Madeleine marries Chris O'Neill in moving wedding ceremony
- Vote for most elegant royal wedding attendee
- Newlyweds Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill travel through Swedish capital in horse-drawn carriage