Princess Madeleine is breathtaking in her Valentino wedding dress
Princess Madeleine of Sweden was simply breathtaking in a beautiful dress created by Italian designer Valentino Garavani as she walked the aisle.
Ready to marry her American love Christopher O'Neill, who was holding back tears as she glided towards him, Madeleine was quite the angelic vision.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
The stunning gown was fashioned from pleated silk organza with appliquéd ivory-hued Chantilly lace. The upper section of the bodice was lace with a deep-cut back. Narrow vertical pleats opened up from the accentuated waist, above the wide skirt, which ends with a four-metre-long train.
Talking about working with Princess Madeleine, Mr. Valentino said it had been "just so easy. She is a very lovely girl. She is modern, full of energy and enthusiasm, and she is so beautiful! It has been a pleasure and an honour."
The Italian designer released a sketch of Madeleine's beautiful wedding gown via the Swedish royal family's official website.
A sketch of Madeleine's Valentino wedding dress
But the talking point had to be her incredible veil, also made from silk organza, that trailed almost five metres long.
The beautiful veil was also edged with tulle scatted with point d'esprit dots and small Chantilly lace orange blossom.
Valentino arriving for the royal wedding
She wore shoes in ivory white organdie with woven point d'esprit dots and her tiara, which is privately owned, was decorated with sprigs of orange blossom.
An oversized bun that sat at the nape of her neck finished off the elegant effect.
The bridal bouquet that Madeleine carried consisted of classic white garden roses: Austin roses, Schneewittchen, Winchester Cathedral and Alabaster, as well as lilies of the valley and the traditional myrtle from Sofiero. All the flowers were white, and the bouquet was tied into a round shape.
- Sophie, Countess of Wessex and Prince Edward arrive at the wedding
- Europe's royal ladies are pretty in summer pastels
- Princess Victoria dazzles on sister Madeleine's wedding day
- Princess Madeleine marries Chris O'Neill in moving wedding ceremony
- Vote for most elegant royal wedding attendee
- Newlyweds Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill travel through Swedish capital in horse-drawn carriage
- A day filled with emotion for Chris O'Neill as he weds Princess Madeleine
- Princess Marie-Chantal shares insider snaps on Instagram